For high-density, multiple-product storage situations, you can’t beat Interlake’s push-back system. It’s designed to optimize the use of your storage area while still combining excellent selectivity and a maintenance-free design. As each pallet is loaded, it’s placed on a free-rolling carriage that is literally pushed back into the system by loading additional pallets. When unloading, gravity moves the pallets forward to the aisle on the telescoping carriages, eliminating the need for reaching or driving into the rack. Everything can be accessed from a single aisle in a first-in/last-out arrangement, minimizing space requirements and maximizing the number of picking faces. Push-back systems are available in two-, three-, four, or five-deep pallet configurations.
How Push Back Racks work: Pallets are placed by forklift on nested carts riding on inclined rails. Each pallet is then pushed back by subsequent pallet loading, exposing the next cart. When removing product, the forklift takes out the front pallet, allowing the pallets on carts behind it to roll gently to the front of the rack. The nested carts make placement and retrieval easy.
Push Back Pallet Rack System Operatation:
1. Each rack level is equipped with one,
two or three sets of parallel carts at
2. The forklift places the first pallet on
the highest set of parallel carts.
3. When loading the second pallet, the
forklift pushes the first pallet until
it reaches the next set of carts and
places the pallet on them.
4. If the facility is designed for storing
four pallets, this operation is
repeated with the third pallet and the
last pallet rests directly on the rolling
tracks, and not on the carts.
5. The operation is reversed when
unloading pallets. When the first
pallet is removed, the others move
forward one place toward the aisle.
Features and Benefits
- Better use of warehouse space - push back offers up to 90% more product storage than selective rack systems
- Store a variety of SKUs on different levels of lanes for easy product access
- Interlocking carts help percent dangerous jamming and costly product damage
- Up to 400% more selectivity than drive-in racks makes pushback more versatile for a greater number of SKU's
- High storage density coupled with selectivity for faster pick rates
- Color coded carts for easy visual inventory
- Large target for loading and unloading
- Maximizes space utilization by filling the vertical cube
- Last in, first out" inventory
- Unlike drive-in racks, each level is independently accessible